Thursday 17 November 2011

Girl Guiding Craft Night - Fabric Flower Headband

I was very excited although a bit nervous before my craft night with the Guides, but I think overall it went down very well.  The girls loved that they each had their own little pack to open which I had filled with all the supplies that they needed.  I gave them a very quick demo (something I should have prepared for Blue Peter style, oh well I'm sure there will be a next time) and we all set to work, with Sarah modelling my demo version.
I spent most the evening running around threading needles (get better needles next time!) but the girls did an amazing job and everyone made at least one flower for their hair bands.  I was so busy I forgot to take any photographs whilst they were working but I did manage a few at the end of the evening of the results.
The are so fantastic, much better than I thought and the girls all said they really enjoyed themselves and would like me to come back again to share more crafts with them, so that cannot be a bad review.

Below are the instructions I wrote for the girls but I will be writing a fully photographed tutorial very soon.  If you would like an A4 copy to print out please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment