Monday 11 April 2011

Fish Treatment

This last weekend I went up to London with my work friends Sara and Julie to get the Garra Fish treatment, which is were little fish nibble all the dead skin off of your feet, delightful I know.  We found an excellent deal on Groupon for a half hour session for only £9, and we decided a day trip to Camden would be an excellent idea!!


Now it's hard describe the feeling of lots of little fish nibbling on your toes, but it definitely felt very funny and quite ticklish.  The best way to describe it would be the prickling sensation you get when you have been sitting on your feet for too long, just before the pain of pins and needles sets in.  The most ticklish part was when the fish went in between your toes, I kept getting the giggles.

We weren't really supposed to take photographs, but I sneakily got the phone out to snap a few while pretending to text, that's why they are a bit fuzzy.


When our session ended my feet did feel smoother, but I had a feeling this was more to do with sticking my feet in a bowl of warm water for half an hour than anything that the fish did.  I didn't have that much dry skin to start with so I couldn't really compare, but I'm not really sure if it was that impressive.  Maybe my fish just were already full up already, who knows? I'm glad I went but I don't think it will be an experience I will be repeating.

On the plus side though I bought a beautiful new bag, dress and top from Camden market, and I would have bought a lot more if I hadn't restrained myself.  So all in all it was a fantastic day with the girls, can't wait for our next adventure!! 

1 comment:

  1. aaaaaahhhhhh thats horrible! I screamed out loud! Ewww!!!!!

    ReplyDelete